term of office; compensation and expenses of board
members; transfer of data; legal counsel.
(a) The West Virginia statewide addressing and mapping board is hereby continued.
(b) Commencing on the first day of July, two thousand seven, the board is to be composed of eleven members appointed by the Governor as follows:
(1) The Secretary of the Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety or his or her designee, shall serve as chairperson of the board;
(2) A Commissioner of the Public Service Commission or his or her designee;
(3) An official or employee of the State Geological and Economic Survey, qualified in the field of geographic information systems;
(4) An official or employee of the Division of Highways;
(5) A county commissioner;
(6) A county assessor;
(7) A mayor of a municipality or a municipal official;
(8) A director of an enhanced emergency telephone system from a county with a population of thirty thousand or less as shown by the last federal census;
(9) A director of an enhanced emergency telephone system from a county with a population of greater than thirty thousand as shown by the last federal census;
(10) A representative of a local exchange telephone company; and
(11) A member of the public at-large that may be affiliated with any of the above entities.
(c) In making appointments to the board, the Governor shall, to the extent possible, ensure representation on the board, by one or more members, of any entity providing twenty-five percent or more of funding to the statewide addressing and mapping fund created and continued under the provisions of this article.
(d) Any member serving on the board on the first day of January, two thousand seven, shall continue to serve until the first day of July, two thousand ten, or until replaced by the Governor.
(e) Members of the board are entitled to the same expense reimbursement paid to members of the Legislature for their interim duties as recommended by the citizens legislative compensation commission and authorized by law for each day or substantial portion thereof engaged in the performance of official duties. Their expense reimbursement is to be paid from the West Virginia statewide addressing and mapping fund.
(f) On or before the first day of July, two thousand seven, the board, or a subcommittee of the board, will commence meetings to develop a plan to transfer a backup copy of the aerial map database, and to periodically transfer updated entries to the database to the Rahall Appalachian Transportation Institute, it shall make all nonsensitive data available to state agencies on request.
(g) On or before the first day of December, two thousand seven, and each year thereafter until its final termination and transfer to the Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, the board shall report to the Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management as to its transfer of data to the Rahall Appalachian Transportation Institute.
(h) Commencing on the first day of July, two thousand seven, the board will utilize legal counsel approved by the Secretary of the Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety and the board shall pay any costs associated with legal counsel.