(2) If an application for renewal of a valid permit includes a proposal to extend the surface-mining operation beyond the boundaries authorized in the existing permit, that portion of the application for renewal which addresses any new land area is subject to the full standards of this article, which includes, but is not limited to: (A) Adequate bond; (B) a map showing the disturbed area and facilities; and (C) a reclamation plan.
(3) Any permit renewal shall be for a term not to exceed the period of time for which the original permit was issued. Application for permit renewal shall be made at least one hundred twenty days prior to the expiration of the valid permit.
(4) Any renewal application for an active permit shall be on forms prescribed by the secretary and shall be accompanied by a filing fee of $3,000. The application shall contain such information as the secretary requires pursuant to rule.
(b)(1) During the term of the permit, the permittee may submit to the secretary an application for a revision of the permit, together with a revised reclamation plan.
(2) An application for a significant revision of a permit is subject to all requirements of this article and rules promulgated pursuant thereto and shall be accompanied by a filing fee of $2000.
(3) Any extension to an area already covered by the permit, except incidental boundary revisions, shall be made by application for another permit. If the permittee desires to add the new area to his or her existing permit in order to have existing areas and new areas under one permit, the secretary may so amend the original permit: Provided, That the application for the new area is subject to all procedures and requirements applicable to applications for original permits under this article and a filing fee of $550.
(c) The secretary shall review outstanding permits of a five- year term before the end of the third year of the permit. Other permits shall be reviewed within the time established by rules. The secretary may require reasonable revision or modification of the permit following review: Provided, That such revision or modification shall be based upon written findings and shall be preceded by notice to the permittee of an opportunity for hearing.
(d) No transfer, assignment or sale of the rights granted under any permit issued pursuant to this article may be made without the prior written approval of the secretary, application for which shall be accompanied by a filing fee of $1,500 for transfer or $1,500 for assignment.
(e) Each request for inactive status shall be submitted on forms prescribed by the secretary, shall be accompanied by a filing fee of $2000, and shall be granted in accordance with the procedure established in the Surface Mining and Reclamation Rule.