§20-2-52. Permits for roadside menageries.
The director may issue a permit for the keeping and maintaining in captivity of wild animals, wild birds, amphibians or reptiles as a roadside menagerie. A permit shall not be issued unless:

(1) The animals, birds, amphibians or reptiles have been purchased from a licensed commercial dealer, either within or without the state, or have been taken legally; or

(2) The director is satisfied that provisions for housing and care of wildlife to be kept in captivity and for the protection of the public are proper and adequate.

A fee of twenty-five dollars shall accompany each application for such permit.