(b) Funds deposited into this account shall be derived from the following sources:
(1) Any appropriations by the Legislature;
(2) Fund transfers from any fund of the divisions of the department of health and human resources that, in whole or in part, supports early intervention services;
(3) All public funds transferred by any public agency as permitted by applicable law;
(4) Any private funds contributed, donated or bequeathed by corporations, individuals or other entities; and
(5) All proceeds from fees paid by the client or third party payers; and
(6) All interest or return on investments accruing to the fund.
(c) Moneys deposited in this fund shall be used exclusively to provide early intervention services to accomplish the purposes of this article. Expenditures of moneys deposited in this fund are to be made in accordance with appropriation by the Legislature and in accordance with article three, chapter twelve of this code and upon the fulfillment of the provisions of article two, chapter five-a of this code: Provided, That for the fiscal year ending the thirtieth day of June, two thousand three, expenditures are authorized from deposits rather than pursuant to appropriation by the Legislature.
(d) Any balance remaining in this fund at the end of any state fiscal year shall not revert to the state treasury but shall remain in this fund and shall be used only in a manner consistent with this article.