(1) "Tuberculosis" means a communicable disease caused by the bacteria, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, which is demonstrated by clinical, bacteriological, radiographic or epidemiological evidence;
(2) "Bureau" means the Bureau for Public Health in the Department of Health and Human Resources;
(3) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of the Bureau for Public Health, who is the state health officer;
(4) "Local board of health," "local board" or "board" means a board of health serving one or more counties or one or more municipalities or a combination thereof;
(5) "Local health department" means the staff of the local board of health; and
(6) "Local health officer" means the individual physician with a current West Virginia license to practice medicine who supervises and directs the activities of the local health department services, staff and facilities and is appointed by the local board of health with approval by the Commissioner.