(b) Combined return required. --
(1) The Tax Commissioner shall, no later than the fifteenth day of June, two thousand eight, design a return that combines filing of the taxes levied by this article and article fifteen-a of this chapter.
(2) Beginning the first day of July, two thousand eight, each person required to file a return required by this article or article fifteen-a of this chapter, or both this article and article fifteen-a of this chapter, shall complete and file the return required by the Tax Commissioner.
(3) The Tax Commissioner may promulgate rules pursuant to article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code and otherwise use any combination of notices, forms and instructions he or she determines necessary to implement the use of the form required by subsection (c) of this section.
(c) Tax return. -- The taxpayer shall, on or before the twentieth day of each month, make out and mail to the Tax Commissioner a return for the preceding month, in the form prescribed by the Tax Commissioner, showing:
(1) The total gross proceeds of the vendor's business for the preceding month;
(2) The gross proceeds of the vendor's business upon which the tax is based;
(3) The amount of the tax for which the vendor is liable; and
(4) Any further information necessary in the computation and collection of the tax which the Tax Commissioner may require, except as otherwise provided in this article or article fifteen-b of this chapter.
(d) Remittance to accompany return. -- Except as otherwise provided in this article or article fifteen-b of this chapter, a remittance for the amount of the tax shall accompany the return.
(e) Deposit of collected tax. -- Tax collected by the Tax Commissioner shall be deposited as provided in section thirty of this article, except that:
(1) Tax collected on sales of gasoline and special fuel shall be deposited in the state road fund; and
(2) Any sales tax collected by the Alcohol Beverage Control Commissioner from persons or organizations licensed under authority of article seven, chapter sixty of this code shall be paid into a revolving fund account in the State Treasury, designated the Drunk Driving Prevention Fund, to be administered by the Commission on Drunk Driving Prevention, subject to appropriations by the Legislature.
(f) Return to be signed. -- A return shall be signed by the taxpayer or the taxpayer's duly authorized agent, when a paper return is prepared and filed. When the return is filed electronically, the return shall include the digital mark or digital signature, as defined in article three, chapter thirty-nine-a of this code, or the personal identification number of the taxpayer, or the taxpayer's duly authorized agent, made in accordance with any procedural rule that may be promulgated by the Tax Commissioner.
(g) Accelerated payment. --
(1) Taxpayers whose average monthly payment of the taxes levied by this article and article fifteen-a of this chapter during the previous calendar year exceeds one hundred thousand dollars, shall remit the tax attributable to the first fifteen days of June each year on or before the twentieth day of June: Provided, That on and after the first day of June, two thousand seven, the provisions of this subsection that require the accelerated payment on or before the twentieth day of June of the tax imposed by this article and article fifteen-a of this chapter are no longer effective and any such tax due and owing shall be payable in accordance with subsection (a) of this section.
(2) For purposes of complying with subdivision (1) of this subsection, the taxpayer shall remit an amount equal to the amount of tax imposed by this article and article fifteen-a of this chapter on actual taxable sales of tangible personal property and custom software and sales of taxable services during the first fifteen days of June or, at the taxpayer's election, the taxpayer may remit an amount equal to fifty percent of the taxpayer's liability for tax under this article on taxable sales of tangible personal property and custom software and sales of taxable services made during the preceding month of May.
(3) For a business which has not been in existence for a full calendar year, the total tax due from the business during the prior calendar year shall be divided by the number of months, including fractions of a month, that it was in business during the prior calendar year; and if that amount exceeds one hundred thousand dollars, the tax attributable to the first fifteen days of June each year shall be remitted on or before the twentieth day of June as provided in subdivision (2) of this subsection.
(4) When a taxpayer required to make an advanced payment of tax under subdivision (1) of this subsection makes out its return for the month of June, which is due on the twentieth day of July, the taxpayer may claim as a credit against liability under this article for tax on taxable transactions during the month of June the amount of the advanced payment of tax made under subdivision (1) of this subsection.