(1) "Assistance" means money payments, medical care, transportation and other goods and services necessary for the health or welfare of individuals, including guidance, counseling and other welfare services and shall include all items of any nature contained within the definition of "welfare assistance" in section two, article one of this chapter.
(2) "Benefits" means money payments, goods, services, or any other thing of value.
(3) "Board and Care Facility" means a residential setting where two or more unrelated adults receive nursing services or personal care services.
(4) "Claim" means an application for payment for goods or services provided under the medical programs of the Department of Health and Human Resources.
(5) "Entity" means any corporation, association, partnership, limited liability company, or other legal entity.
(6) "Financial Exploitation" means the intentional misappropriation or misuse of funds or assets of another.
(7) "Medicaid" means that assistance provided under a state plan implemented pursuant to the provisions of subchapter nineteen, chapter seven, Title 42, United States Code, as that chapter has been and may hereafter be amended.
(8) "Person" means any individual, corporation, association, partnership, proprietor, agent, assignee or entity.
(9) "Provider" means any individual or entity furnishing goods or services under the medical programs of the Department of Health and Human Resources.
(10) "Unit" means the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit established under section one of this article.