(b) Subsequent executive directors may be selected by the council in consultation with the director of the West Virginia development office.
(c) In addition to assisting the council and its working groups in the exercise of their duties, the executive director shall:
(1) Facilitate and oversee the process for the initial nomination and appointment of council members;
(2) Provide and obtain scientific, technical, economic, programmatic information and market research to support the work of the academy;
(3) Foster and maintain relationships between agencies of this state, other states, the federal government, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and private enterprises for the advancement of research, development and commercialization;
(4) Organize, prepare and lead presentations on science, technology research and development and commercialization for business executives, state legislative leaders and committees, and federal agencies; and
(5) Develop yearly work plans for the academy.
(d) The executive director will be available to the governor, the speaker of the House of Delegates and the president of the Senate to analyze and comment upon proposed legislation and rules that relate to or materially affect state scientific, technical and commercialization issues.