(1) The procedure only shall apply if all the following conditions are met:
(A) The operator or any person, firm or corporation directly or indirectly affiliated with the operator, makes an offer in writing to purchase the property stating all the terms and conditions of the proposed purchase;
(B) The property to be purchased is located within one thousand feet of property which actually is or will be mined; and
(C) The structures are actually being used for commercial purposes or are occupied residences situate on the property to be purchased;
(2) Once a permit application has been filed, the operator shall notify the office of any intended property acquisitions to which this section applies;
(3) The office shall cause notice to be given to potential sellers of the procedure established by this section, but shall provide no other assistance unless requested by the potential seller;
(4) If requested by the potential seller, the office shall make a determination as to whether the value of the property intended to be acquired is diminished by ongoing or intended mining operations and that the purchase price offered by the purchaser is less than the value the property would have had prior to any diminution of value. The office only shall provide assistance if it determines that the value of such property is diminished and that the offer made by the operator is less than the value the property would have had prior to any diminution of value; and
(5) If the office determines that the value of such property is diminished and that the offer made by the operator is less than the value the property would have had prior to any diminution of value, then the office shall establish the value of such property prior to any diminution and shall certify the same to the parties.