(1) "Automatic tabulating equipment" means all apparatus necessary to electronically count votes recorded on ballots and tabulate the results;
(2) "Ballot" means an electronic image or paper on which votes may be recorded by means of perforating or marking with electronically sensible ink or pencil or a screen upon which votes may be recorded by means of a stylus or by means of touch;
(3) "Central counting center" means a facility equipped with suitable and necessary automatic tabulating equipment, selected by the county commission, for the electronic counting of votes recorded on ballots;
(4) "Electronic poll book" means an electronic device containing the same voter registration information maintained by the county clerk in a printed poll book.
(5) "Electronic voting system" is a means of conducting an election whereby votes are recorded on ballots by means of an electronically sensible marking ink, by perforating or are recorded on equipment that registers votes on a computer disk, or by touching a screen with a stylus or by means of touch, and votes are subsequently counted by automatic tabulating equipment at the central counting center;
(6) "Standard validation test deck" means a group of ballots wherein all voting possibilities which can occur in an election are represented; and
(7) "Vote-recording device" means equipment in which ballots are placed to allow a voter to record his or her vote by electronically sensible ink, or pencil, or a screen upon which votes may be recorded by means of a stylus or by means of touch.