LEGISLATIVE OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ON REGIONAL JAIL AND CORRECTIONAL FACILITY AUTHORITY (WEST VIRGINIA CODE §31-20-26)
January 8, 2008
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
SENATE FINANCE COMMITTEE ROOM STATE CAPITOL CHARLESTON, WEST VIRGINIA
1. Silent roll call of members.
2. Approval of minutes of December 9, 2007, meeting.
3. Consideration of proposed legislation submitted to the Committee.
Division of Corrections draft authorizing vehicles designated by the Secretary of Military Affairs and Public Safety for emergency response by the Division of Corrections, Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority and Division of Juvenile Services to use red flashing warning lights.
Draft Bill - Authorizing restricted driver’s license - Laid over from December meeting
Draft Bill - ½ day per diem charge for inmate days of less than 12 hours
SB20 & HB2889, from 2007 - Arresting agency to pay for first 24 hours in regional jail - Laid over from December meeting
4. Consideration of Draft Annual Report.
5. Presentation by:
Shawn Taylor, Esq., Municipal Judge, Charleston, West Virginia.
6. Information updates from and questions of agency representatives.
7. Other business.