1. Call to order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Report on governance and operation of jointly established school. Ron Blankenship, Superintendent, Gilmer County Schools.
4. Report on the impact of the increased compulsory school attendance age, and the progress in implementing the High School Graduation Improvement Act (required by §18-8-1a). Dr. James Phares, State Superintendent of Schools.
5. State Board of Education Policies on public comment. Dr. James Phares, State Superintendent of Schools:
• Policy 2417, Programs of Study for Limited English Proficient Students • WVSSAC Series 2, Athletics, Provisions Governing Eligibility
6. Review of the report and recommendations to the State Board of the Advisory Council for the Education of Exceptional Children (required by §18-20-6). Patricia Homberg, Executive Director of the Office of Special Programs, West Virginia Department of Education and Susan White, Executive Director, Advisory Council for the Education of Exceptional Children.
7. Report on data relevant to the goals and objectives of the EDGE initiative, and an analysis of the data. Kathy D’Antoni, State Tech-Prep Coordinator/Associate Superintendent, Division of Technical and Adult Education, West Virginia Department of Education.
8. Other business.