(a) The Administrative Director of the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia is requested to assemble a community supervision committee, to include representatives of the judiciary, probation, parole, day report centers, magistrates, sheriffs, corrections and other members at the discretion of the director. The administrative director shall appoint a chair from among the members and attend the meeting ex officio.
(b) The committee shall:
(1) Design and deploy a method for probation officers, parole officers, day report centers and others providing community supervision to electronically share offender information and assessments;
(2) Coordinate information reporting and access across agencies continuing supervision;
(3) Collect and share information about assessed and collected restitution among agencies continuing supervision;
(4) Collect sentencing-level data to enable the study of sentencing practices across the state; and
(5) Coordinate with the Community Corrections Subcommittee of the Governor's Committee on Crime, Delinquency and Correction in the discharge of these duties.
(c) The committee shall annually submit a report on its activities during the previous year, on or before September 30, to the Governor, the Speaker of the House of Delegates, the President of the Senate and, upon request, to any individual member of the Legislature.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.