(a) Upon recommendation of the Community Corrections Subcommittee, the Governor's committee shall propose for legislative promulgation in accordance with the provisions of article three, chapter twenty-nine-a of this code, emergency and legislative rules to:
(1) Establish standards for approval of community corrections programs submitted by community criminal justice boards or other entities authorized by the provisions of this article to do so;
(2) Establish minimum standards for community corrections programs to be funded, including requiring annual program evaluations;
(3) Make any necessary adjustments to the fees established in section four of this article;
(4) Establish reporting requirements for community corrections programs; and
(5) Carry out the purpose and intent of this article.
(b) Upon recommendation of the community corrections subcommittee, the Governor's committee shall:
(1) Maintain records of community corrections programs including the corresponding community criminal justice board or other entity contact information and annual program evaluations, when available;
(2) Seek funding for approved community corrections programs from sources other than the fees collected pursuant to section four of this article; and
(3) Provide funding for approved community corrections programs, as available.
(c) The Governor's committee shall submit, on or before September 30 of each year, to the Governor, the Speaker of the House of Delegates, the President of the Senate and, upon request, to any individual member of the Legislature a report on its activities during the previous year and an accounting of funds paid into and disbursed from the special revenue account established pursuant to section four of this article.
(d) The subcommittee shall review the implementation of evidence-based practices and conduct regular assessments for quality assurance of all community-based criminal justice services, including day report centers, probation, parole and home confinement. In consultation with the affected agencies, the subcommittee shall establish a process for reviewing performance. The process shall include review of agency performance measures and identification of new measures by the subcommittee, if necessary, for measuring the implementation of evidence-based practices or for quality assurance. After providing an opportunity for the affected agencies to comment, the subcommittee shall submit, on or before September 30 of each year, to the Governor, the Speaker of the House of Delegates, the President of the Senate and, upon request, to any individual member of the Legislature a report on its activities and results from assessments of performance during the previous year.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.