(1) Establish standards for approval of community corrections programs submitted by community criminal justice boards or other entities authorized by the provisions of this article to do so;
(2) Establish minimum standards for community corrections programs to be funded, including requiring annual program evaluations;
(3) Make any necessary adjustments to the fees established in section four of this article;
(4) Establish reporting requirements for community corrections programs; and
(5) Carry out the purpose and intent of this article.
(b) Upon recommendation of the community corrections subcommittee, the governor's committee shall:
(1) Maintain records of community corrections programs including the corresponding community criminal justice board or other entity contact information and annual program evaluations, when available;
(2) Seek funding for approved community corrections programs from sources other than the fees collected pursuant to section four of this article; and
(3) Provide funding for approved community corrections programs, as available.
(c) The governor's committee shall submit, on or before the thirtieth day of September of each year, to the governor, the speaker of the House of Delegates, the president of the Senate and, upon request, to any individual member of the Legislature a report on its activities during the previous year and an accounting of funds paid into and disbursed from the special revenue account established pursuant to section four of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session