(a) A Community Corrections Subcommittee of the Governor's Committee on Crime, Delinquency and Correction is continued and continues to be assigned responsibility for screening community corrections programs for approval for funding by the subcommittee and for making disbursement of funds for approved community corrections programs.
(b) The subcommittee shall be comprised of the following members:
(1) A representative of the Division of Corrections;
(2) A representative of the Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority;
(3) A representative of the Bureau for Behavioral Health and Health Facilities;
(4) A person representing the interests of victims of crime;
(5) An attorney employed by a public defender corporation;
(6) An attorney who is licensed to practice and practicing criminal law in this state;
(7) A prosecuting attorney or assistant prosecuting attorney actively engaged as such in this state;
(8) A representative of the West Virginia Coalition Against Domestic Violence; and
(9) At the discretion of the Supreme Court of Appeals, the Administrator of the Supreme Court of Appeals, a probation officer and a circuit judge may serve on the subcommittee as ex officio, nonvoting members.
(c) The subcommittee shall elect a chairperson and a vice chairperson. The subcommittee shall meet quarterly. Special meetings may be held upon the call of the chairperson, vice chairperson or a majority of the members of the subcommittee. A majority of the members of the subcommittee constitutes a quorum.
(d) The subcommittee may adopt bylaws, policies and procedures for the operation of the subcommittee.
(e) The subcommittee may propose legislative rules for legislative approval pursuant to article three, to chapter twenty- nine-a of this code for policies and procedures consistent with the duties and responsibilities which are or may be assigned to it.
(f) Any member appointed to the subcommittee who is a written designated representative has the full rights of a member, including the right to vote, serve on subcommittees or perform any other function.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.