(1) Maintenance of effective controls against diversion of controlled substances into other than legitimate medical, scientific, or industrial channels;
(2) Compliance with applicable state and local law;
(3) Any convictions of the applicant under any federal or state laws relating to any controlled substance;
(4) Past experience in the manufacture or distribution of controlled substances, and the existence in the applicant's establishment of effective controls against diversion;
(5) Furnishing by the applicant of false or fraudulent material in any application filed under this act;
(6) Suspension or revocation of the applicant's federal registration to manufacture, distribute, or dispense controlled substances as authorized by federal law; and
(7) Any other factors relevant to and consistent with the public health and safety.
(b) Registration under subsection (a) does not entitle a registrant to manufacture and distribute controlled substances in Schedule I or II other than those specified in the registration.
(c) Practitioners must be registered to dispense any controlled substances or to conduct research with controlled substances in Schedules II through V if they are authorized to dispense or conduct research under the law of this state. The appropriate department, board, or agency, as specified in section 301, need not require separate registration under this article for practitioners engaging in research with nonnarcotic controlled substances in Schedules II through V where the registrant is already registered under this article in another capacity. Practitioners registered under federal law to conduct research with Schedule I substances may conduct research with Schedule I substances within this state upon furnishing the appropriate department, board, or agency evidence of that federal registration.
(d) Compliance by manufacturers and distributors with the provisions of the federal law respecting registration (excluding fees) entitles them to be registered under this act.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.