(1) Establishment of scientific guidelines and numeric decontamination levels for the remediation of clandestine drug laboratories;
(2) Establishment of a certification program for persons or contractors who engage in the business of clandestine drug lab remediation;
(3) Establishment of a licensure procedure whereby individuals and businesses certified to do remediation of clandestine drug laboratories obtain a license from the Department of Health and Human Resources to do such work;
(4) Requiring licensed contractors to notify the Department of Health and Human Resources prior to beginning any remediation project;
(5) Setting forth certification procedures for the department to certify that the completed remediation of the residential property fully meets the scientific guidelines and numeric decontamination levels set forth in the legislative rule; and
(6) Establishing requirements for property owners, sellers and landlords to disclose the existence of any former clandestine laboratory site or activity to any potential occupant of the residential property.
(b) Fees may be set by the legislative rule to be charged to persons or contractors engaged in the business of clandestine drug laboratory remediation for certification, licensing and notification as required in this article.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.