Bill Status
WV Code
Audits/ Reports
‹ Back  |  print page Print
WVC 55-10-7 §55-10-7. Fiduciary may submit to arbitration.
Any personal representative of a decedent, guardian of an infant, committee of an insane person or a convict, or trustee, may file his petition in the circuit court of the county in which he qualified or was appointed, asking permission from such court to submit to arbitration any suit or matter of controversy touching the estate or property of such decedent, infant, insane person, or convict, or in respect to which he is trustee, in which petition shall be stated the facts upon which the petitioner seeks the permission of the court. The court may, in its discretion, grant or refuse the prayer of the petition. If the petition be filed in good faith, and the petition be granted by the court, an order showing that permission to arbitrate was granted shall be entered on the chancery order book of the court, and the award made in any such case shall be binding upon all the parties in interest, and shall be entered as the judgment or decree of the court in the same manner as other submissions and awards are entered, unless set aside by the court. If the petition be filed in good faith and there be no fault or neglect on the part of the fiduciary, he shall not be responsible for any loss sustained by an award adverse to the interests of his decedent, ward, insane person, convict or beneficiary under any such trust.

Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.

This Web site is maintained by the West Virginia Legislature's Office of Reference & Information.  |  Terms of Use  |   Web Administrator   |   © 2015 West Virginia Legislature *