(2) The "appropriate public authorities" as used in Article III of the interstate compact on the placement of children shall, with reference to this state, mean the department of welfare and said agency shall receive and act with reference to notices required by said Article III.
(3) As used in paragraph (a) of Article V of the interstate compact on the placement of children, the phrase "appropriate authority in the receiving state" with reference to this state shall mean the department of welfare.
(4) The officers and agencies of this state and its subdivisions having authority to place children are hereby empowered to enter into agreements with appropriate officers or agencies of or in other party states pursuant to paragraph (b) of Article V of the interstate compact on the placement of children. Any such agreement which contains a financial commitment or imposes a financial obligation on this state or subdivision or agency thereof shall not be binding unless it has the approval in writing of the auditor in the case of the state and of the chief local fiscal officer in the case of a subdivision of the state.
(5) Any requirements for visitation, inspection or supervision of children, homes, institutions or other agencies in another party state which may apply under sections five and eleven of article two of this chapter shall be deemed to be met if performed pursuant to an agreement entered into by appropriate officers or agencies of this state or a subdivision thereof as contemplated by paragraph (b) of Article V of the interstate compact on the placement of children.
(6) The provisions of section fifteen, article two of this chapter shall not apply to placements made pursuant to the interstate compact on the placement of children.
(7) Any court having jurisdiction to place delinquent children may place such a child in an institution of or in another state pursuant to Article VI of the interstate compact on the placement of children and shall retain jurisdiction as provided in Article V thereof.
(8) As used in Article VII of the interstate compact on the placement of children, the term "executive head" means the governor. The governor is hereby authorized to appoint a compact administrator in accordance with the terms of said Article VII.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.