(1) If the party seeking separate maintenance has grounds for divorce; or
(2) If the party from whom separate maintenance is sought, without good and sufficient cause:
(A) Has failed to provide suitable support for the other spouse; or
(B) Has abandoned or deserted the other spouse.
(b) During the pendency of the action, the court has the same powers to make temporary orders as the court would have in actions for divorce, insofar as those powers are applicable, on behalf of either spouse.
(c) Any order entered in the case is effective during the time the court by its order directs, until further order of the court.
(1) The support and maintenance of either spouse;
(2) The interest of one spouse in the property of the other spouse;
(3) The allocation of responsibility for the children of the parties; and
(4) The support of the children of the parties.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.