(a) The family protection services board, is continued.
(b) Membership of the board is comprised of seven persons. The Governor, with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint five members of the board who meet the following qualifications:
(1) One member must be a director of a licensed domestic violence program;
(2) One member must be a representative of the West Virginia Coalition Against Domestic Violence;
(3) One member must be a representative of a batterer intervention and prevention program licensed by the board;
(4) One member must be a representative of the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals who is familiar with monitored parenting and exchange program services; and
(5) One member must be a citizen who is a resident of this state and who is not employed by, under contract with or a volunteer for a program licensed by the board, and who is knowledgeable about services for victims and survivors of domestic violence;
(c) The secretary of the Department of Health and Human Resources, or his or her designee, and the chair of the Governor's Committee on Crime, Delinquency and Correction, or his or her designee shall serve as ex officio voting members.
(d) The terms of the five members appointed by the Governor are for three years, staggered in accordance with prior enactments of this act.
(e) No person who is employed by, under contract with or volunteers for an organization that is licensed to operate any program under the provisions of this article may serve on the board at the same time as another person who is employed by, under contract with or volunteers for that organization.
(f) If a member resigns or is unable to complete his or her
term or ceases to be qualified, the Governor shall appoint within
ninety days a person who meets the qualifications of this section
to serve the remainder of the unexpired term.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.