(1) The name, address and length of residence with the person or persons with whom the child has lived for the preceding twelve months;
(2) The performance by each parent during the last twelve months of the parenting functions relating to the daily needs of the child;
(3) The parents' work and child-care schedules for the preceding twelve months;
(4) The parents' current work and child-care schedules; and
(5) Any of the circumstances set forth in section two hundred nine of this article that are likely to pose a serious risk to the child and that warrant limitation on the award to a parent of temporary residence or time with the child pending entry of a permanent parenting plan.
(b) At the hearing, the court shall enter a temporary parenting order incorporating a temporary parenting plan which includes:
(1) A schedule for the child's time with each parent when appropriate;
(2) Designation of a temporary residence for the child;
(3) Allocation of decision-making authority, if any. Absent allocation of decision-making authority consistent with section two hundred seven of this article, neither party shall make any decision for the child other than those relating to day-to-day or emergency care of the child, which shall be made by the party who is present with the child;
(4) Provisions for temporary support for the child; and
(5) Restraining orders, if applicable.
(c) A parent may make a motion for an order to show cause and the court may enter a temporary order, including a temporary parenting plan, upon a showing of necessity.
(d) A parent may move for amendment of a temporary parenting plan, and the court may order amendment to the temporary parenting plan, if the amendment conforms to the limitations of section two hundred nine of this article and is in the best interest of the child.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.