(1) The name of the custodian;
(2) The amount of the support payments;
(3) The date the first payment is due;
(4) The frequency of the support payments;
(5) The event or events which trigger termination of the support obligation;
(6) A provision regarding wage withholding;
(7) The address where payments shall be sent;
(8) A provision for medical support;
(9) When child support guidelines are not followed, a specific written finding pursuant to section 13-702.
(b) Effective the first day of October, one thousand nine hundred ninety-nine, any order entered that provides for the payment of child support shall also include a statement that requires both parties to report any changes in gross income, either in source of employment or in the amount of gross income, to the bureau for child support enforcement and to the other party. The notice shall not be required if the change in gross income is less than a fifteen percent change in gross income.
(c) All child support orders shall contain a notice which contains language substantially similar to the following: "The amount of the monthly child support can be modified as provided by law based upon a change in the financial or other circumstances of the parties if those circumstances are among those considered in the child support formula. In order to make the modification a party must file a motion to modify the child support amount. Unless a motion to modify is filed, the child support amount will continue to be due and cannot later be changed retroactively even though there has been a change of circumstances since the entry of the order. Self help forms for modification can be found at the circuit clerk's office." The failure of an order to have such a provision does not alter the effectiveness of the order.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.