(b) Any voluntary association organized in this state shall file with the Secretary of State: (1) One executed original copy of an application for registration; and (2) one executed original copy of the agreement of association creating the voluntary association (if such an agreement exists apart from the application for registration itself).
(c) Any voluntary association organized outside this state and operating within this state shall file with the Secretary of State: (1) One executed original copy of an application for registration; (2) one executed original copy of the agreement of association creating the voluntary association; and (3) a statement or certificate from the proper officer of the state or country of origin that the voluntary association is in good standing.
(d) An application for registration shall set forth:
(1) The name of the voluntary association;
(2) The principal office address of the voluntary association;
(3) The mailing address of the voluntary association, if different from the principal office address;
(4) The name and address of the person to whom notice of process may be sent, if any;
(5) Whether the voluntary association is organized for profit or as a nonprofit voluntary association;
(6) The purpose or purposes for which the voluntary association is formed;
(7) The full names and addresses of one or more of the organizers of the voluntary association;
(8) The full names and addresses of no fewer than two officers, owners or members of the voluntary association who have signatory authority for the association;
(9) Any additional statements as may be required for the type of business to be conducted;
(10) A statement reflecting the voluntary association's consent to and recognition of the application of the law of this state with respect to corporations to the voluntary association; and
(11) An e-mail address where informational notices and reminders of annual filings may be sent, unless there is a technical inability to comply.
(e) An application for registration may contain the notarized signature of at least one organizer or member of the voluntary association.
(f) If the Secretary of State determines that an application for registration has been properly filed in complete form and that the fee prescribed in section two, article one, chapter fifty-nine of this code has been paid, he or she shall file it and deliver to the voluntary association or its representative a receipt for the record and the fees.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.