(b) Any business trust organized in this state shall file with the Secretary of State: (1) One executed original copy of an application for registration; and (2) one executed original copy of the declaration, articles or agreement of trust creating the business trust.
(c) Any business trust organized outside this state and operating within this state shall file with the Secretary of State: (1) One executed original copy of an application for registration; (2) one executed original copy of the declaration, articles or agreement of trust creating the business trust as recorded in the state or country of origin of the business trust; and (3) a statement or certificate from the proper officer of the state or country of origin that the business trust is in good standing.
(d) An application for registration shall set forth:
(1) The name of the business trust;
(2) If organized within the state, a statement that it is a West Virginia business trust, or if organized outside the state, the state in which it was organized and the formation date of the business trust;
(3) The purpose or purposes for which the business trust is organized;
(4) The address of its principal office;
(5) The name and address of the person to whom notice of process may be sent, if any;
(6) The names and addresses of all trustees having authority to act on behalf of the business trust;
(7) A statement reflecting the business trust's consent to and recognition of the application to the business trust of the law of this state with respect to corporations; and
(8) An e-mail address where informational notices and reminders of annual filings may be sent, unless there is a technical inability to comply.
(e) An application for registration may contain the notarized signature of a trustee of the business trust.
(f) If the Secretary of State determines that an application for registration has been properly filed in complete form and that the fee prescribed in section two, article one, chapter fifty-nine of this code has been paid, he or she shall file it and deliver to the business trust or its representative a receipt for the record and the fees.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.