(1) The name of the limited partnership;
(2) The date of the filing of the certificate; and
(3) The amendment to the certificate.
(b) Within thirty days after the happening of any of the following events, an amendment to a certificate of limited partnership reflecting the occurrence of the event or events shall be filed:
(1) The admission of a new partner;
(2) The withdrawal of a partner; or
(3) The continuation of the business under section forty-four of this article after an event of withdrawal of a general partner.
(c) A general partner who becomes aware that any statement in a certificate of limited partnership was false when made or that any arrangements or other facts described have changed, making the certificate inaccurate in any respect, shall promptly amend the certificate.
(d) A certificate of limited partnership may be amended at any time for any other proper purpose the general partners determine.
(e) No person has any liability because an amendment to a certificate of limited partnership has not been filed to reflect the occurrence of any event referred to in subsection (b) of this section if the amendment is filed within the thirty-day period specified in subsection (b).
(f) A restated certificate of limited partnership may be executed and filed in the same manner as a certificate of amendment.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.