(1) The general partner withdraws from the limited partnership as provided in section thirty-two of this article;
(2) The general partner ceases to be a member of the limited partnership as provided in section forty of this article;
(3) The general partner is removed as a general partner in accordance with the partnership agreement;
(4) Unless otherwise provided for in writing in the partnership agreement, the general partner: (i) makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors; (ii) files a voluntary petition in bankruptcy; (iii) is adjudicated a bankrupt or insolvent; (iv) files a petition or answer seeking for himself any reorganization, arrangement, composition, readjustment, liquidation, dissolution or similar relief under any statute, law or regulation; (v) files an answer or other pleading admitting or failing to contest the material allegations of a petition filed against him in any proceeding of this nature; or (vi) seeks, consents to, or acquiesces in the appointment of a trustee, receiver or liquidator of the general partner or of all or any substantial part of his properties;
(5) Unless otherwise provided in writing in the partnership agreement, one hundred twenty days after the commencement of any proceeding against the general partner seeking reorganization, arrangement, composition, readjustment, liquidation, dissolution or similar relief under any statute, law or regulation, the proceeding has not been dismissed, or if within ninety days after the appointment without his consent or acquiescence of a trustee, receiver or liquidator of the general partner or of all or any substantial part of his properties, the appointment is not vacated or stayed or within ninety days after the expiration of any such stay, the appointment is not vacated;
(6) In the case of a general partner who is a natural person, (i) his death; or (ii) the entry by a court of competent jurisdiction adjudicating him incompetent to manage his person or his estate;
(7) In the case of a general partner who is acting as a general partner by virtue of being a trustee of a trust, the termination of the trust, but not merely the substitution of a new trustee;
(8) In the case of a general partner that is a separate partnership, the dissolution and commencement of winding up of the separate partnership;
(9) In the case of a general partner that is a corporation, the filing of a certificate of dissolution, or its equivalent, for the corporation or the revocation of its charter; or
(10) In the case of an estate, the distribution by the fiduciary of the estate's entire interest in the partnership.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.