(1) "Adult" means any person who is not a minor;
(2) "Dealer" means any person, other than an agent or employee of a producer, who is engaged in the retail sale of petroleum products under a franchise agreement as defined by this section;
(3) "Designated family member" means the adult spouse or the adult child or stepchild of the dealer or any other adult person related to the dealer by either the half or whole blood or the adult spouse of any other adult person, who has experience in the service station business and who, in the case of the dealer's death or retirement, is designated in the franchise agreement for a service station as the successor to the dealer's interest under the agreement and who shall become the dealer upon the completion of the succession;
(4) "Franchise" or "franchise agreement" means a written agreement between a producer and a dealer under which the dealer is granted the right to use a trademark, trade name, service mark or other identifying symbol or name owned by the producer, or a written agreement between a producer and a dealer by which the dealer is granted the right to occupy premises owned, leased or controlled by the producer, for the purpose of engaging in the retail sale of petroleum products of the producer;
(5) "Good cause" means failure of the dealer to make good faith effort to comply with any material requirement of a franchise agreement;
(6) "Producer" means every person who produces, refines, manufactures, processes or otherwise alters any motor fuel and other petroleum products for sale or use in this state; and
(7) "Service station" means any filling station, store, garage or other place of business in this state for the retail sale of motor fuel and other petroleum products.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session