(a) The dealer shall make all disclosures required by this section.
(b) In all circumstances listed in subsection (c) of this section, the dealer shall disclose the following information with respect to the goods that are the subject of the rental agreement in a clear, conspicuous and easily understood manner:
(1) Retail value;
(2) Rent-to-own charge;
(3) Rental period;
(4) Number of periodic payments required for ownership;
(5) Amount of each periodic payment;
(6) Total of all payments; and
(7) Whether the goods are new or have been previously rented or are otherwise used.
(c) The dealer shall make the disclosures required in this section:
(1) On a label attached or posted on top of the goods displayed to any potential consumer;
(2) In any rent-to-own agreement as defined in section five, article one of this chapter;
(3) In any telephone communication with a potential consumer; and
(4) In any radio, television or printed advertisement for the goods when the amount of the periodic payment for the item is included in the advertisement.
(d) Any oral communications concerning the terms and conditions of the transaction shall be incorporated into a written agreement which shall govern the transaction.
(e) In any transaction involving more than one dealer, only one dealer may make the disclosures required by this article: Provided, That when the name of the dealer is required to be disclosed, all dealers shall be disclosed.
(f) A dealer may disclose information that is not required by this section only when the additional information is not stated, used or placed in a manner that may contradict, obscure or distract attention from the information required by this section.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.