(1) Threaten, intimidate or use profane or obscene language;
(2) Engage any person repeatedly or continuously with behavior a reasonable person would deem to be annoying, abusive or harassing;
(3) Initiate an outbound telephone call to a person when that person previously has stated that he or she does not wish to receive an outbound telephone call made by or on behalf of the telemarketer whose goods or services are being offered;
(4) Engage in telemarketing to a person's residence at any time other than between eight a.m. and nine p.m. local time, Monday through Sunday, at the called person's location; or
(5) Engage in any other conduct which would be considered abusive to any reasonable consumer.
(b) A telemarketer will not be liable for violating subdivision (3), subsection (a) of this section if:
(1) It has established and implemented written procedures to avoid outbound telephone calls to persons who have previously stated that they do not wish to receive such calls;
(2) It has trained its personnel in the procedures established pursuant to subdivision (1) of this subsection;
(3) The telemarketer has maintained and recorded lists of persons who have previously stated that they do not wish to receive such calls; and
(4) Any subsequent call is the result of error.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2012 1st Special Session