(a) "Notification date." In this section, "notification date" means the earlier of the date on which:
(1) A secured party sends to the debtor and any secondary obligor an authenticated notification of disposition; or
(2) The debtor and any secondary obligor waive the right to notification.
(b) Notification of disposition required. Except as otherwise provided in subsection (d) of this section, a secured party that disposes of collateral under section 9-610 shall send to the persons specified in subsection (c) of this section a reasonable authenticated notification of disposition.
(c) Persons to be notified. To comply with subsection (b), the secured party shall send an authenticated notification of disposition to:
(1) The debtor;
(2) Any secondary obligor; and
(3) If the collateral is other than consumer goods:
(A) Any other person from which the secured party has received, before the notification date, an authenticated notification of a claim of an interest in the collateral;
(B) Any other secured party or lienholder that, ten days before the notification date, held a security interest in or other lien on the collateral perfected by the filing of a financing statement that:
(i) Identified the collateral;
(ii) Was indexed under the debtor's name as of that date; and
(iii) Was filed in the office in which to file a financing statement against the debtor covering the collateral as of that date; and
(C) Any other secured party that, ten days before the notification date, held a security interest in the collateral perfected by compliance with a statute, regulation, or treaty described in section 9-311(a).
(d) Subsection (b) inapplicable: perishable collateral; recognized market. Subsection (b) of this section does not apply if the collateral is perishable or threatens to decline speedily in value or is of a type customarily sold on a recognized market.
(e) Compliance with subsection (c)(3)(B). A secured party complies with the requirement for notification prescribed by subsection (c)(3)(B) of this section if:
(1) Not later than twenty days or earlier than thirty days before the notification date, the secured party requests, in a commercially reasonable manner, information concerning financing statements indexed under the debtor's name in the office indicated in subsection (c)(3)(B) of this section; and
(2) Before the notification date, the secured party:
(A) Did not receive a response to the request for information; or
(B) Received a response to the request for information and sent an authenticated notification of disposition to each secured party or other lienholder named in that response whose financing statement covered the collateral.