(b) Exceptions: Filing not necessary. The filing of a financing statement is not necessary to perfect a security interest:
(1) That is perfected under section 9-308(d), (e), (f) or (g);
(2) That is perfected under section 9-309 when it attaches;
(3) In property subject to a statute, regulation or treaty described in section 9-311(a);
(4) In goods in possession of a bailee which is perfected under section 9-312(d)(1) or (2);
(5) In certificated securities, documents, goods or instruments which is perfected without filing, control, or possession under section 9-312(e), (f) or (g);
(6) In collateral in the secured party's possession under section 9-313;
(7) In a certificated security which is perfected by delivery of the security certificate to the secured party under section 9-313;
(8) In deposit accounts, electronic chattel paper, electronic documents, investment property or letter-of-credit rights which is perfected by control under section 9-314;
(9) In proceeds which is perfected under section 9-315; or
(10) That is perfected under section 9-316.
(c) Assignment of perfected security interest. If a secured party assigns a perfected security interest or agricultural lien, a filing under this article is not required to continue the perfected status of the security interest against creditors of and transferees from the original debtor.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.