The following security interests are perfected when they attach:
(1) A purchase-money security interest in consumer goods, except as otherwise provided in section 9-311(b) with respect to consumer goods that are subject to a statute or treaty described in section 9-311(a);
(2) An assignment of accounts or payment intangibles which does not by itself or in conjunction with other assignments to the same assignee transfer a significant part of the assignor's outstanding accounts or payment intangibles;
(3) A sale of a payment intangible;
(4) A sale of a promissory note;
(5) A security interest created by the assignment of a health-care-insurance receivable to the provider of the health-care goods or services;
(6) A security interest arising under section 2-401, 2-505, 2-711(3) or 2A-508(5), until the debtor obtains possession of the collateral;
(7) A security interest of a collecting bank arising under section 4-210;
(8) A security interest of an issuer or nominated person arising under section 5-118;
(9) A security interest arising in the delivery of a financial asset under section 9-206(c);
(10) A security interest in investment property created by a broker or securities intermediary;
(11) A security interest in a commodity contract or a commodity account created by a commodity intermediary;
(12) An assignment for the benefit of all creditors of the transferor and subsequent transfers by the assignee thereunder; and
(13) A security interest created by an assignment of a beneficial interest in a decedent's estate.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.