In this article:
(1) "Bank" means a person engaged in the business of banking, including a savings bank, savings and loan association, credit union or trust company;
(2) "Depositary bank" means the first bank to take an item even though it is also the payor bank unless the item is presented for immediate payment over the counter;
(3) "Payor bank" means a bank that is the drawee of a draft;
(4) "Intermediary bank" means a bank to which an item is transferred in course of collection except the depositary or payor bank;
(5) "Collecting bank" means a bank handling an item for collection except the payor bank;
(6) "Presenting bank" means a bank presenting an item except a payor bank.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.