(b) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (c) of this section, interested persons may enter into a binding nonjudicial settlement agreement with respect to any matter involving a trust, including, but not limited to:
(1) The interpretation or construction of the terms of the trust;
(2) The approval of a trustee's report or accounting or waiver of the preparation of a trustee's report or accounting;
(3) Direction to a trustee to refrain from performing a particular act or the grant to a trustee of any necessary or desirable power;
(4) The resignation or appointment of a trustee and the determination of a trustee's compensation;
(5) Transfer of a trust's principal place of administration;
(6) Liability or release from liability of a trustee for an action relating to the trust;
(7) Questions relating to the property or an interest in property held as part of a trust;
(8) An investment decision, policy, plan or program of the trustee;
(9) The grant to a trustee of any necessary or desirable power;
(10) The exercise or nonexercise of any power by a trustee;
(11) An action or proposed action by or against a trust or trustee;
(12) The modification or termination of a trust; and
(13) Any other matter concerning the administration of a trust.
(c) A nonjudicial settlement agreement is valid only to the extent it does not violate a material purpose of the trust and includes terms and conditions that could be properly approved by the court under this chapter or other applicable law.
(d) Any interested person may request the court to approve a
nonjudicial settlement agreement, to determine whether the
representation as provided in article three of this chapter was
adequate, and to determine whether the agreement contains terms and
conditions the court could have properly approved.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.