(1) This chapter applies to all trusts created before, on, or after July 1, 2011;
(2) This chapter applies to all judicial proceedings concerning trusts commenced on or after July 1, 2011;
(3) This chapter applies to judicial proceedings concerning trusts commenced before July 1, 2011, unless the court finds that application of a particular provision of this chapter would substantially interfere with the effective conduct of the judicial proceedings or prejudice the rights of the parties, in which case the particular provision of this chapter does not apply and the superseded law applies;
(4) Any rule of construction or presumption provided in this chapter applies to trust instruments executed before July 1, 2011, unless there is a clear indication of a contrary intent in the terms of the trust instrument; and
(5) An act done before July 1, 2011 is not affected by this
(b) If a right is acquired or vested before July 1, 2011, or
if a right is extinguished or barred upon the expiration of a
prescribed period that has commenced to run under any other statute
before July 1, 2011, that right or statute continues to apply even
if the statute has been repealed or superseded.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.