(a) Unless the power of attorney otherwise provides, language in a power of attorney granting general authority with respect to stocks and bonds authorizes the agent to:
(1) Buy, sell and exchange stocks and bonds;
(2) Establish, continue, modify or terminate an account with respect to stocks and bonds;
(3) Pledge stocks and bonds as security to borrow, pay, renew or extend the time of payment of a debt of the principal;
(4) Receive certificates and other evidences of ownership with respect to stocks and bonds; and
(5) Exercise voting rights with respect to stocks and bonds in
person or by proxy, enter into voting trusts and consent to
limitations on the right to vote.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.