(1) "Default" means the failure to perform on time any obligation or duty set forth in the rental agreement or this article;
(2) "Late fee" means a fee or charge assessed for a default;
(3) "Leased space" means the individual storage space at the self-service facility which is leased or rented to an occupant pursuant to a rental agreement;
(4) "Occupant" means a person entitled to the use of a leased space at a self-service storage facility under a rental agreement, or the person's sublessee, successor or assign;
(5) "Owner" means the owner, operator, lessor or sublessor of a self-service storage facility or the person's agent or any other person authorized to manage the facility or to receive rent from any occupant under a rental agreement. The owner of a self-service storage facility is not a warehouseman as defined in section one hundred two, article seven, chapter forty-six of this code unless the owner issues a warehouse receipt, bill of lading or other document of title for the personal property stored, in which event the owner and the occupant are subject to the provisions of article seven, chapter forty-six of this code dealing with warehousemen;
(6) "Personal property" means movable property not affixed to land and includes, but is not limited to, goods, wares, merchandise, motor vehicles and household items and furnishings;
(7) "Primary address" means that address provided by the occupant in the rental agreement or the address provided by the occupant in a subsequent notice of a change of address;
(8) "Rental agreement" means any agreement or lease that establishes or modifies the terms, conditions or rules concerning the lawful and reasonable use and occupancy of a self-service storage facility;
(9) "Secondary address" means any address provided on the rental agreement and is in addition to the primary address;
(10) "Self-service storage facility" means any real property used for renting or leasing individual storage spaces, other than storage spaces which are leased or rented as an incident to the lease or rental of residential property or dwelling units, to which the occupants have access for storing or removing their personal property; and
(11) "Self-service storage lien" means a lien imposed on the personal property of an occupant by the owner of a self-service storage facility.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.