(1) The names of the common interest community and the association and a statement that the common interest community is either a condominium, cooperative or planned community;
(2) The name of every county in which any part of the common interest community is situated;
(3) A legally sufficient description of the real estate included in the common interest community;
(4) A statement of the maximum number of units that the declarant reserves the right to create;
(5) In a condominium or planned community, a description of the boundaries of each unit created by the declaration, including the unit's identifying number or, in a cooperative, a description, which may be by plats or plans, of each unit created by the declaration, including the unit's identifying number, its size or number of rooms and its location within a building if it is within a building containing more than one unit;
(6) A description of any limited common elements, other than those specified in section 2-102(2) and (4), as provided in section 2-109(b)(10) and, in a planned community, any real estate that is or must become common elements;
(7) A description of any real estate, except real estate subject to development rights, that may be allocated subsequently as limited common elements, other than limited common elements specfied in section 2-102(2) and (4), together with a statement that they may be so allocated;
(8) A description of any development rights (section 1- 103(14)) and other special declarant rights (section 1- 103(29)) reserved by the declarant, together with a legally sufficient description of the real estate to which each of those rights applies, and a time limit within which each of those rights must be exercised;
(9) If any development right may be exercised with respect to different parcels of real estate at different times, a statement to that effect together with (i) either a statement fixing the boundaries of those portions and regulating the order in which those portions may be subjected to the exercise of each development right or a statement that no assurances are made in those regards, and (ii) a statement as to whether, if any development right is exercised in any portion of the real estate subject to that development right, that development right must be exercised in all or in any other portion of the remainder of that real estate;
(10) Any other conditions or limitations under which the rights described in paragraph (8) may be exercised or will lapse;
(11) An allocation to each unit of the allocated interests in the manner described in section 2-107;
(12) Any restrictions (i) on use, occupancy and alienation of the units, and (ii) on the amount for which a unit may be sold or on the amount that may be received by a unit owner on sale, condemnation or casualty loss to the unit or to the common interest community or on termination of the common interest community;
(13) The recording data for recorded easements and licenses appurtenant to or included in the common interest community or to which any portion of the common interest community is or may become subject by virtue of a reservation in the declaration; and
(14) All matters required by sections 2-106, 2-107, 2- 108, 2-109, 2-115, 2-116 and 3-103(d).
(b) The declaration may contain any other matters the declarant considers appropriate.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2016 Regular Session
The West Virginia Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.