(1) A statement disclosing the effect on the proposed disposition of any right of first refusal or other restraint on the free alienability of the unit;
(2) A statement setting forth the amount of the monthly common expense assessment and any unpaid common expense or special assessment currently due and payable from the selling unit owner;
(3) A statement of any other fees payable by unit owners;
(4) A statement of any capital expenditures anticipated by the association for the current and two next succeeding fiscal years;
(5) A statement of the amount of any reserves for capital expenditures and of any portions of those reserves designated by the association for any specified projects;
(6) The most recent regularly prepared balance sheet and income and expense statement, if any, of the association;
(7) The current operating budget of the association;
(8) A statement of any unsatisfied judgments against the association and the status of any pending suits in which the association is a defendant;
(9) A statement describing any insurance coverage provided for the benefit of unit owners;
(10) A statement as to whether the executive board has knowledge that any alterations or improvements to the unit or to the limited common elements assigned thereto violate any provision of the declaration;
(11) A statement as to whether the executive board has knowledge of any violations of the health or building codes with respect to the unit, the limited common elements assigned thereto, or any other portion of the common interest community;
(12) A statement of the remaining term of any leasehold estate affecting the common interest community and the provisions governing any extension or renewal thereof;
(13) A statement of any restrictions in the declaration affecting the amount that may be received by a unit owner upon sale, condemnation, casualty loss to the unit or the common interest community, or termination of the common interest community; and
(14) In a cooperative, an accountant's statement, if any was prepared, as to the deductibility for federal income tax purposes by the unit owner of real estate taxes and interest paid by the association.
(b) The association, within ten days after a request by a unit owner, shall furnish a certificate containing the information necessary to enable the unit owner to comply with this section. A unit owner providing a certificate pursuant to subsection (a) is not liable to the purchaser for any erroneous information provided by the association and included in the certificate.
(c) A purchaser is not liable for any unpaid assessment or fee greater than the amount set forth in the certificate prepared by the association. A unit owner is not liable to a purchaser for the failure or delay of the association to provide the certificate in a timely manner, but the purchase contract is voidable by the purchaser until the certificate has been provided and for five days thereafter or until conveyance, whichever first occurs.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.