(a) This article applies to all units subject to this chapter except as provided in subsection (b) or as modified or waived by agreement of purchasers of units in a common interest community in which all units are restricted to nonresidential use.
(b) Neither a public offering statement nor a resale certificate need be prepared or delivered in the case of:
(1) A gratuitous disposition of a unit;
(2) A disposition pursuant to court order;
(3) A disposition by a government or governmental agency;
(4) A disposition by foreclosure or deed in lieu of foreclosure;
(5) A disposition to a dealer;
(6) A disposition that may be canceled at any time and for any reason by the purchaser without penalty; or
(7) A disposition of a unit in a planned community in which the declaration limits the maximum annual assessment of any unit to not more than five hundred dollars, as adjusted pursuant to section 1-114 (Adjustment of dollar amounts) if:
(i) The declarant has a reasonable and good faith belief that the maximum stated assessment will be sufficient to pay the expenses of the planned community;
(ii) The declaration cannot be amended to increase the assessment during the period of declarant or declarant's family control without the consent of a majority of unit owners other than the declarant; and
(iii) The planned community is not subject to any development rights.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.