If the commissioner determines in a final order that:
(a) An insurer has violated section three or four of this article, he may require the insurer to:
(1) Accept the application or written request for insurance coverage at a rate and on the same terms and conditions as are available to its other risks with similar characteristics; or
(2) Reinstate insurance coverage to the end of the policy period; or
(3) Continue insurance coverage at a rate and on the same terms and conditions as are available to its other risks with similar characteristics.
(b) Any person has violated any provision of this article, he may:
(1) Issue a cease and desist order to restrain the person from engaging in practices which violate this article;
(2) Assess a penalty against the person of up to five thousand dollars for each willful and knowing violation of this article.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.