An insurer may not engage in the following actions during the period of supervision, without the prior approval of the commissioner or his or her special deputy supervisor:
(1) Dispose of, convey, or encumber any of its assets or its business in force;
(2) Withdraw any of its bank accounts;
(3) Lend any of its funds;
(4) Invest any of its funds;
(5) Transfer any of its property;
(6) Incur any debt, obligation or liability;
(7) Merge or consolidate with another company;
(8) Approve new premiums or renew any policies;
(9) Enter into any new reinsurance contract or treaty;
(10) Terminate, surrender, forfeit, convert or lapse any insurance policy, certificate or contract, except for nonpayment of premiums due;
(11) Release, pay or refund premium deposits, accrued cash or loan values, unearned premiums, or other reserves on any insurance policy, certificate or contract;
(12) Make any material change in management; or
(13) Increase salaries and benefits of officers or directors or the preferential payment of bonuses, dividends, or other payments deemed preferential.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2014 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.