(1) Any policy which is a security subject to federal jurisdiction;
(2) Any group policy covering a group of one thousand or more lives at date of issue, other than a group credit life insurance policy or a group credit accident and sickness insurance policy; however, this shall not exempt any certificate issued pursuant to a group policy delivered or issued for delivery in this state;
(3) Any group annuity contract which serves as a funding vehicle for pension, profit sharing, or deferred compensation plans;
(4) Any form used in connection with, as a conversion from, as an addition to, or in exchange pursuant to a contractual provision for, a policy delivered or issued for delivery on a form approved or permitted to be issued prior to the dates such forms must be approved under this article; or
(5) The renewal of a policy delivered or issued for delivery prior to the dates such forms must be approved under this article.
(b) No other statute of this state setting language simplification standards shall apply to any policy forms.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.