(b) The scope of the quality assurance program shall include, at a minimum:
(1) Organizational arrangements and responsibilities for quality management and improvement processes;
(2) A documented utilization management program;
(3) Written policies and procedures for credentialing and recredentialing physicians and other licensed providers who fall under the scope of authority of the prepaid limited health service organization;
(4) A written policy that addresses enrollees' rights and responsibilities;
(5) The adoption of practice guidelines for the use of preventive health services; and
(6) Any other criteria considered necessary by the commissioner.
(c) This section becomes effective on the first day of May, one thousand nine hundred ninety-nine.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.