(b) The report shall contain the following information:
(1) An overview of the function of the office of the consumer advocacy and how the office addresses consumer complaints;
(2) The number of staff in the office of the consumer advocate and the structure of the existing office;
(3) Statistics reflecting the number of consumer complaints and types handled by the office from the first of January, two thousand one, until the first of January, two thousand four;
(4) The number of states which have consumer advocates and the lines of insurance for which the advocates are authorized to act on behalf of consumers;
(5) The recommendation of the commissioner in regard to whether this state would benefit by having the role of the consumer advocate expanded to other lines of insurance;
(6) Based upon the findings and recommendations, of the commissioner, and if the findings so suggest, proposed legislation for expanding the office of the consumer advocate to other lines of insurance.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.