If the commissioner determines in a final order that:
(a) An insurer has violated section five or six of this article, he may require the insurer to:
(1) Accept the application or written request for insurance coverage at a rate and on the same terms and conditions as are available to other risks similarly situated;
(2) Reinstate insurance coverage to the end of the policy period; or
(3) Continue insurance coverage at a rate and on the same terms and conditions as are available to other risks similarly situated.
(b) Any person has violated any provision of this article, he may:
(1) Issue a cease and desist order to restrain the person from engaging in practices which violate this article; and
(2) Assess a penalty against the person of up to five thousand dollars for each willful and knowing violation of this article.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.