(1) Coverage only for accident, or disability income insurance or any combination thereof;
(2) Coverage issued as a supplement to liability insurance;
(3) Liability insurance, including general liability insurance and automobile liability insurance;
(4) Workers' Compensation or similar insurance;
(5) Automobile medical payment insurance;
(6) Credit-only insurance;
(7) Coverage for on-site medical clinics; and
(8) Other similar insurance coverage, which may be specified by rule, under which benefits for medical care are secondary or incidental to other insurance benefits.
(b) The requirements of sections two-b, two-d, two-e and two-f of this article and the provisions of this article which generally require policies of accident and sickness insurance to cover specific conditions or treatments, but which are not expressly made applicable to the following types of policies, do not apply to the following if provided under a separate policy, certificate, or contract of insurance:
(1) Limited scope dental or vision benefits;
(2) Benefits for long-term care, nursing home care, home health care, community-based care, or any combination thereof;
(3) Coverage for only a specified disease or illness;
(4) Hospital indemnity or other fixed indemnity insurance;
(5) Medicare supplement insurance (as defined under section 1882(g)(1) of the Social Security Act), coverage supplemental to the coverage provided under chapter 55 of title 10, United States Code, and similar supplemental coverage provided to coverage under group accident and sickness insurance; and
(6) Any other benefits as may be specified by rule.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2013 1st Special Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.