(b) The creation of a committee and appointment of members to it must be approved by the greater of: (1) A majority of all the directors in office when the action is taken; or (2) the number of directors required by the articles of incorporation or bylaws to take action under section eight hundred twenty-four of this article.
(c) Sections eight hundred twenty, eight hundred twenty-one, eight hundred twenty-two, eight hundred twenty-three and eight hundred twenty-four of this article, which govern meetings, action without meetings, notice and waiver of notice, and quorum and voting requirements of the board of directors, apply to committees and their members as well.
(d) To the extent specified by the board of directors or in the articles of incorporation or bylaws, each committee may exercise the authority of the board of directors under section eight hundred one of this article.
(e) A committee may not, however:
(1) Authorize distributions;
(2) Approve or propose to shareholders action that this chapter requires be approved by shareholders;
(3) Fill vacancies on the board of directors or on any of its committees;
(4) Amend articles of incorporation pursuant to section one thousand two, article ten of this chapter;
(5) Adopt, amend or repeal bylaws;
(6) Approve a plan of merger not requiring shareholder approval;
(7) Authorize or approve reacquisition of shares, except according to a formula or method prescribed by the board of directors; or
(8) Authorize or approve the issuance or sale or contract for sale of shares, or determine the designation and relative rights, preferences and limitations of a class or series of shares, except that the board of directors may authorize a committee or a senior executive officer of the corporation to authorize or approve the issuance or sale or contract for sale of shares, or determine the designation and relative rights, preferences and limitations of a class or series of shares within limits specifically prescribed by the board of directors.
(f) The creation of, delegation of authority to or action by a committee does not alone constitute compliance by a director with the standards of conduct described in section eight hundred thirty of this article.
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.