(1) To extend the duration of the corporation if it was incorporated at a time when limited duration was required by law;
(2) To delete the names and addresses of the initial directors;
(3) To delete the name and address of the initial registered agent or registered office, if any, if a statement of change is on file with the secretary of state;
(4) If the corporation has only one class of shares outstanding:
(A) To change each issued and unissued authorized share of the class into a greater number of whole shares of that class; or
(B) To increase the number of authorized shares of the class to the extent necessary to permit the issuance of shares as a share dividend;
(5) To change the corporate name by substituting the word "corporation", "incorporated", "company", "limited" or the abbreviation "corp.", "inc.", "co." or "ltd." for a similar word or abbreviation in the name, or by adding, deleting or changing a geographical attribution for the name;
(6) To reflect a reduction in authorized shares, as a result of the operation of subsection (b), section six hundred thirty-one, article six of this chapter, when the corporation has acquired its own shares and the articles of incorporation prohibit the reissue of the acquired shares;
(7) To delete a class of shares from the articles of incorporation, as a result of the operation of subsection (b), section six hundred thirty-one, article six of this chapter, when there are no remaining shares of the class because the corporation has acquired all shares of the class and the articles of incorporation prohibit the reissue of the acquired shares; or
(8) To make any change expressly permitted by subsection (d), section six hundred two, article six of this chapter to be made without shareholder approval.
Note: WV Code updated with legislation passed through the 2015 Regular Session
The WV Code Online is an unofficial copy of the annotated WV Code, provided as a convenience. It has NOT been edited for publication, and is not in any way official or authoritative.